Komen Promise: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality of care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating individuals about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
While perhaps best known for our signature fundraising event – the annual Susan G. Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure® – our affiliate is engaged in year-round activities that help us fulfill the Komen Promise on a daily basis:
• advocating for universal access to screening and treatment
• providing breast health education and community outreach
• serving as a resource for survivors and co-survivors
• funding life-saving education, screening and treatment programs in central and northern Arizona
We are proud that up to 75 percent of our net income stays in our service area to fund vital mission programs, while 25 percent supports breast cancer research. Since 1993, we have invested $19.5 million in local life-saving education, screening and treatment programs and $5.9 million in research.
Komen CAN AZ is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating the residents in our service area about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs in for our neighbors currently battling this disease.
Since 1993, Komen CAN AZ’s funding provided the following thru our community grants program:
• 33,402 free or reduced cost mammograms
• 5,650 diagnostic treatments
• 2,572 breast cancer treatments
• 157,051 individuals with education
Join Komen Central and Northern Arizona in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, fundraise for Komen CAN AZ, or speak about this disease across Central and Northern Arizona. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We're here to partner with you.
We’re always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.